Benefits of becoming a MEMBER
- Shongweni Club website - Advertise your business for free!
- Members receive discounted rates on venue hire for functions and kiddies parties.
- Kitchen and bar discount of 20% on all purchases
- Convenient, safe, electronic access parking
- Child friendly environment - enclosed well equipped playground
- Enjoy the country atmosphere to relax with friends and family.
- Usage of the clubhouse & pub facilities at any time including showers and bathroom etc.
Ashomba - Mountain Biking
- No temporary membership fee of R135 per show
- Access to the Tongaat property for outrides
- Permanent livery available to MEMBERS
- Free usage of the club arenas - Excluding Competition Arenas
- Preferential rates to hire competition arenas
- Cross-country jumps available at preferential rates - by prior arrangement
- Attend show jumping, dressage and eventing clinics held by top instructors
The Shongweni Model Flying Club:
- Mountain bike riders are offered an annual membership to join ASHOMBA
- Entry and access to the club grounds and facilities
- Safe vehicle parking
- Discounted EMBA rides for members (pay R10 a ride for day/temp board rather than R40)
- Guided rides per week, leaving from the club
- Discounted rates on special MTB events and out rides
- All Shongweni Club members will have free membership to ASHOMBA but if they do not have an EMBA license then they will be able to purchase temp boards at R10 a day.
- MTB tours throughout KZN
- Skills clinics for groups, individuals and women as well as one-on-one coaching
- AMA Angels, a special group of Dirt Loving Divas. Lady Mountain Bikers Supreme RIDING EVERY THURSDAY MORNING FROM THE CLUB WITH SOCIAL, MEDIUM AND FAST RIDES
Hillcrest Villagers Rugby Club
- Plenty of parking in the wide "pit" area making access from the car to the "pit" easy.
- Loads of takeoff and landing space
- Take off from the center of the runway regardless of wind direction.
- "Dead stick" engine out landings are much less of a problem on the 200 X 150 meter flat grass polo flying field reducing the risk of damaged planes.
- There are member groups who Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays - mornings and afternoons.
- In addition the Model Flying Club frequently host competitions - come watch these great machines get put through their paces.
- HVRC is a Rugby Club dedicated to the revival of community-based "Club Rugby" - so now exists the challenge for all Highway Area Rugby players, fans and spectators (of all ages) to come down and join us:
- Excellent age group options, & open rugby with dedicated and motivated coaching.
- Fantastic social rugby scene
- Full sized field with first class lighting for night fixtures.
- For more information visit Hillcrest Villagers Rugby online at: www.hillcrestvillagersrugby.com , or simply pop in on a Wednesday evening, from 6pm onwards, & sign up!!
- For more info about rugby and their events please contact Rene' Missen Cell: 083 778 5714
- Permanent police presence - With the SAP Police K9 Dog unit on site you can now enjoy the outdoors in a secure environment
The Durban Shongweni Club is not just a sports club with an equestrian heart, it is a place where we can create lifelong friends, grow and develop as sportsman and as people. Life, like sport, is more than about the successes, it is about playing the game, taking the knocks on the chin and having the courage and determination to get back up. We encourage you to embrace life, develop as sportsmen, to love what you do and to make this your home - a place where friends can share a passion and be there for one another, through the good and the bad... your home away from home - Anton Mostert